[TenTec] Virtual Serial Port recommendation

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Virtual Serial Port recommendation
From: "K7TXO Radio" <k7txoradio@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 07:46:58 -0700
Having excellent results with an SDR receiver driven from 9 Mhz IF tap in 565 Orion. Question; I would like to setup a Virtual Serial Port for two or more programs to work with Comm ports at the same time. A few recommendations for virtual port software? A clean (no advertisements or minimal "fluff") would be nice but if there is one for purchase that is highly recommended, that would be fine.

The scope in the Orion is extremely useful to me. I hope that the Omni VII someday has an active scope like it. When I have time or the desire to analyze received or my own transmitted signals, the SDR provides terrific detail. Having the second receiver in the Orion might let me maintain reception of a QSO while I can hunt for other openings to QSY too should the need arise, with a better view through the SDR. There are other advantages, pros and cons but speed in operation for me is still handled by controls on the Orion itself.

Anyway, looking for just a few responses for recommendation of Virtual Serial Port software that is truly compliant with Windows 7 to simultaneously use Omni-Rig CAT control software for the SDR and Ham Radio Deluxe, and other programs at the same time.

Gene / K7TXO