Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 tuning encoder

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 tuning encoder
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:08:33 +0000
There's 0.5-0.6V drop between the A9 board and the encoder on the front
panel board.  Isn't that excessive?  Also, the voltage at the encoder seems
to vary over time 4.3-4.5V.  I wonder if there could be a bad +5V
electrolytic filtering cap on the front panel board.  I believe the +5V
comes over in the ribbon cable and is then filtered on that top dsp logic
daughterboard and passed to the front panel board and encoders below it via
the stake pin connectors.

Barry N1EU