Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:36:27 -0500
Compact HF/VHF SWR/Wattmeter. Has huge 3" Cross-needle meter. Read
forward/reflected power and SWR simultaneously. Perfect for mobile or
portable operation. Two selectable power ranges, built-in meter light (+12
VDC). SO-239 Connectors. 3 1/4 W x 3 1/4 H x 3 1/4 D inches.

MFJ-822 covers 1.8-200 MHz, 30 or 300 Watts.

It's about $60 or so.  I've had one in use for a decade or so.  I doubt it
is as accurate as a Bird wattmeter, but it seems reliable enough for use,
as long as you don't need to run power.  This one has two ranges 30 watts
and 300.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen