Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:46:46 -0500
How good is your coax? Maybe you have some problem connections when used at 6m if you are not getting even relative readings. My TT 1225 was well agreeing with Bird instruments at even 2 meters. A near electrical length of coax as a jumper may be the problem at 6 or 2 meters.

For Field Day with a brand new cross needle meter, we were having SWR dip problems, the tuner seemed too touchy. Adding 10 feet of coax to the feed line cured the apparent unusual current or voltage condition and moved the metering point out of a critical peak point on the total line.

Stuart Rohre
K5KVH