Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:58:03 -0400
I think it is interesting how many older rigs were used - oldies, but goodies. I contest and do special events with a guy who would populate the whole contest shack with TS-850s if he could. Seems like Rick once said the Germany contest crowd like that model, also.

Interesting that 5 of the 6 radios used by the top three teams were ICOMs. Guess we cannot count them out of the game any more than any other mfr, although I see no Flex or other brand SDRs on the list.

Also, I see a pair of Orion II in the field - used by W4UH, and AD4Z (who owns a K3) - interesting he used an Orion II for the big event. Makes me proud to own one. (heavy sigh... sniff...) ;-)

All in good fun.  All good radios.  All good operators.

I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO KNOW THE LIST OF CODE KEYS USED in the contest. I am sure that list is far more varied!