[TenTec] UPDATE Free Eagle Software to test OmniRig

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] UPDATE Free Eagle Software to test OmniRig
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:03:04 +0200
First, let me clarify:  BandMaster is free for the first 30 days.
After that it costs $25 to register.

I have downloaded the latest OmniRig and Orion driver, as well as
Bandmaster, and installed both.

I'm not getting it to communicate correctly with the EAGLE, though some
things are working.
Specifically, it is not showing the frequency correctly; it's showing 00.000
MHz.
Then it switches to "Rig is not responding".
After a few seconds it switches back to show frequency and mode, but still
shows 00.000.
However it is showing the mode correctly and if I manually change modes, it
is updated in the BandMaster window to show the new mode.

The Bandwidth is still adjustable, but since the program is not correctly
talking to the Eagle, that may mean nothing at this point.

Now the PROBLEM:  If I double click on a call sign on 40m while in LSB, it
changes the mode to USB, but doesn't change frequencies.  This mode-change
problem is the same problem I was having with WIN-TEST, except in WIN-TEST
it was at least changing to the correct frequency.

If John can get BandMaster and WIN-TEST to function properly, then we (he)
can claim victory.

I'm curious to why the frequency is not displaying.
I do not have WIN-TEST installed on this computer.
It is a new computer since contesting last year.
If I can free up some time, I will install it this afternoon and see how it
works.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)