[TenTec] Comparing radios

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Comparing radios
From: <w4wst@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:31:21 -0400
In my previous post I wondered why someone would come on a TENTEC site and try
to impress everyone with what they can do with their rig that is so much better
than that (yuk) TENTEC junk.
I didn't mention that the JUPITER LITEWEIGHT was not my first or last TENTEC.
I had a CORSAIR ll , A PARAGON, A couple of OMNI Vll's and im on my second
ORION ll.
I just wanted to point out that the reason I'm on my second ORION ll is that
the first one was sold
about a month after I received it for what I paid for it and was shipped to
Santa Monica from Virginia by second day air at the request of the buyer and he
paid the almost $200.00 for the shipping.
The reason he was so anxious to buy it   "I had an ORION ll and like a fool, I
got a wild hair and sold it to help finance the purchase of an ICOM 7800. Now I
can't get rid of the 7800 and get another ORION ll fast enough".
This guy didn't go to some ICOM site and talk down the 7800 and tell everyone
why the ORION ll was so much better in so many ways.
This is what I was talking about. Come on guys. I'm sure you can come up with
something that will stir interest without bad mouthing
someone else's rig.
Many years ago I almost lost a good friend by asking him if his new FORD F-150
came with a heated tailgate so the people who helped push the thing could keep
their hands warm in cold weather.
It was meant as a joke but it certainly wasn't taken that way. It was quite
some time before we came to a mutual understanding about bad-mouthing someome
else's pride and joy.
Just my thoughts.
HARRY W4WST