Re: [TenTec] Yes the 318 is available.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yes the 318 is available.
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:32:06 +0200
I HOPE TEN-TEC IS READING THIS!

I hope they do two mods to the 318 BEFORE the next production run:

1.  Peanut point but important:  Dim the brightness of the LED.  My 318 is
raised to eye level and it blinds me at night.  I covered it with scotch tape
and painted it with a sharpie to dim it.  Eventually I'll add a resistor.

2.  Please add a means of open-collector keying for the amp, and a switch to
turn the relay off.  My unit's relay was making as much noise as the linear
amp's big open-frame relay.  I removed the internal relay and just use
transistor keying now, which is totally silent (and faster).

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)