Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?

To: <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 21:09:10 -0500
Well the real crux of the story. There's 2 parts, of which this is the 2nd part.

Yes I shipped the Eagle 599 and manual to a friend in FL. Later that evening while trying to answer a question on one of the reflectors about the Omni VII, I reached for the manual and guess what? I discovered the Omni VII 588 manual was not present and thus I shipped it with the Eagle and the Eagle 599 manual was on the shelf. I have all of my manuals in white three ring binders with custom covers and spine labels.

Now the fact that I shipped the manual in error was bad enough, but that was not the concern. I can loose the radio and replace it. However my manuals have information and my personal test data, alignment procedures, along with my notes pertaining to my activities as a beta test person for Tentec. That frankly is information that I do not want to loose. And then, to make matters worse, I get the message from my friend that the radio package did not arrive. In the mean time I did send the Eagle 599 manual to him by USPS. So now I have neither manual and the radio package appears to be lost.

Talk about being snake bit on this deal. Man I felt as though I'd been eaten alive.

Oh well, it has all worked out, he received the Eagle with the Omni VII manual and then the Eagle manual. The radio and manuals will "vacation" in South Florida for August and then will return home. FYI - He is an officer in South Florida DX Association so you have an idea what kind and type of workout the radio will see. I'll be eagerly awaiting his report.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>