Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Digital

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Digital
From: Louis Ciotti <lciotti1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:53:02 -0400
It should not be difficult.  If using the TenTec provided cable (From
the Manual):

WHITE = pin 1, line level audio input.
YELLOW = pin 4, line level audio output.
RED = pin 5, FSK.
BLACK = pin 3, push to talk
Ground from the 46176 cable is connected to pin 2.

Have you verified the cable is correct?  It also sounds like you may
be connecting Pin 1 to the speaker output.  Not knowing what is inside
the Omni VII, I wonder if you provided it with too much voltage on
that pin at damaged the input circuit there.