Re: [TenTec] Eagle AT slow?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle AT slow?
From: lciotti1 <lciotti1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 20:10:59 -0400
Now I do not have an Eagle, but every auto tuner I have used, (LDG, and the internal tuner on my Yeasu FT-950) the memory tune feature you do not force a tune. One the LDG it sinces the frequency and it goes to the last tune in memory for that frequency on the first carrier it receives. On my FT-950 as I tune the VFO and the "tuner" is on, it will automatically change the tuner as I spin the dial. But if I force a tune it will start from scratch and find a tune.

K3GHH <mailto:k3ghh@arrl.net>
September 7, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I'd welcome some comments on the internal Eagle AT (Model 599AT).

Here's mine: On 3570 KHz, where my MFJ-269 shows the old trap doublet has an SWR of 2.7, the Eagle took 15 seconds to tune. Leaving it on that frequency, a minute or so later a second try also took 15 seconds. A third tune, on the same frequency another minute later, took 10 seconds.

On 40m, where the SWR is 2.1, tuning takes 7 seconds.

I know the old antenna here at the camp needs work... but that behavior on 80 doesn't seem right. The manual (p. 37) says the AT is "designed to recall the last tuned setting for a given band." Maybe I don't understand how that memory works, but I don't think the MFJ-293B that I have at home would behave like this.

Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>