Re: [TenTec] Zepp?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp?
From: John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:23:56 -0700
I can't believe that anyone who calls himself would call the described antenna
a Zepp.
I guess that since dumbing down the tests we can all call ourselves engineers.
The Zepp antenna was an end fed antenna used on the Zepplin air ship. What
"channel" does
this engineer from Ten Tec operate on??? Enough Zepp bull!! 73, John, K5PGW

 To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
 Date: Sunday, September 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

 Just swapped the 4:1 balun out
 replacing it with a 1:1 balun. I am now
 back to using a 2 ft long jumper of RG-213 and the
 auto-tuner combo
 seems to work OK. Glad to see the longer section of coax
 gone between
 the balun and the tuner.
 The tuner is inside the ammo can now, but it does not have a
 proper EMI
 gasket on the lid. But at HF freq's it probably does at
 least a half ass
 job of being a Faraday cage. When I ran into trouble it was
 outside in
 the elements.
 The tuner still will not "tune" the doublet above 28.3 MHz
 just as
 stated in my original message. At least it works on the CW
 band of 10M.
 Once again, thank you for suggesting I try a 1:1 balun
 instead.
 Vy 73, Don KO7i . .