Re: [TenTec] Antenna names

To: Ronf404 <ronf404@aol.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna names
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:35:35 -0500
*While this is sort of off Ten Tec Topic... Just for the heck of it, kicks
and giggles. Would someone with the software and Big Brain, please tell me
the feed point resistance and approx. SWR of a standard Dipole at 30 feet
height above average terrain and an overall length of 126 feet or 63 feet
each side? We are just wondering what the ladder line (( window line 450
ohm )) is looking into at 3980 KHz... The MFJ-989C and Paragon seem to get
along with this antenna really well. 450 ohm line length is approx. 78 to
82 feet for those who were going to ask.*
*                                                                 Thanks
from Wade/KJ4WS*