Re: [TenTec] Brand new Omni 7 broke already!!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Brand new Omni 7 broke already!!
From: Mike Chatfield <mikechat@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:01:36 -0500
I also got a Omni VII on the mega sale. I had a problem with the AF/RF and one other knob (I forgot which one). The AF/RF control had the same symptom as your's, the other one was really loose.

I sent it back to TT and they replaced them. However after I received it back I decidced to send it back under the 30 day return terms.

TT service did a 1 day turnaround on the fix, I had it within 5 working days, as always TT has great service.

It looks to me that TT changed vendors on the encoders and the quality is just not there. I also have an Orion II and the encoders are night & day different from the Omni VII, they are not loose or bind up in any way and work perfect.

Mike
W0BBC