Re: [TenTec] F.S. Omni VI Option 3 + 961 P.S.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] F.S. Omni VI Option 3 + 961 P.S.
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:46:23 -0400
Good point, Carter.

There must be be different types of store locations. You may have to search to find one that packs. I live on the SW corner of GR, and our store packs and ships. If they don't pack in your bailiwick, then you may have to deal solely with UPS and dig in whenever a claim arises. Like insurance companies, they are not in the business of paying claims.

Suggestion: If you pack it, yourself, take photos of the packing technique and materials used, in and out of the box, to prove how you did it. Take photos of the item before you pack it. Buying extra insurance may be a good plan, as it may shift the risk of loss from UPS to an outside entity - which may be easier to deal with. Declare its full value.

HOME OWNER'S INSURANCE may cover the loss. I suggest filing a claim no matter what you think is excluded by the policy. I have seen plenty of claims paid over doubtful coverage. (Of course, I have also seen plenty more claims denied when coverage is certain! So you mileage may vary considerably!)

OT Sidebar -- Also...if you travel West of Ypsi or AA, give me a call on the W8IRA linked repeater system! My friend W8HVG built it, and my friends and I maintain it - OK, ... er... they do the technical stuff, and I help as much as I can. West of Ypsi or AA should reach the Jackson or Okemos sites.

Happy days, neighbor.