Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 22:37:39 -0500
I didn't do this with a Corsair, but I did try it with my Kenwood TS-930S, all with headphones. I matched the CW pitch and adjusted my Orion II CW bandwidth to the bandwidth of the Kenwood (400 Hz). I could tell the difference but it was very subtle and best described as a softer sound on the Kenwood, likely because the filter skirts are not as steep as with the Orion II. I should try this on SSB -- I simply haven't, yet.

Kim N5OP