Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:42:42 +0200
As nice as its audio was, the KWM-2 would not be very good with today's
crowded bands.
The famous "Collins mechanical filter" was not really very good by today's
standards.
A 4-pole crystal filter on 455 kHz is as good or better and of course you
can buy 6 or 8 pole filters now.
And the DSP filters on lower frequencies are even better, sharper, and have
steeper skirts.

As long as we're dreaming, I wish I had 1960's band conditions again!

All things considered, it's hard to beat the Corsair with its combination of
good audio and good crystal filters.
Newer radios have better filters but worse audio.

For my money, the best compromise is the Eagle.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)