[TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please, Ten Tec!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please, Ten Tec!
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:30:03 -0400
Ok on the if structure of the Corsair. I don't have an original paper manual,
just a download, so I'm going to print it and take another gander at every
thing, since it's now my backup that I'll use almost every day.

I remember the first time I used a digitally processed rig - a Kenwood
870 I believe they first came out with with much ballyhoo.  Used a
friend's with him on FD, and it sounded like water gurgling at a high
frequency all the time.  It would slice the signals, but I ended up with
a big headache from hearing all the digital artifacts.

Next was the OmniVI+, which in my estimation, was just about right
in it's nr processing.  It seemed to make the CW just jump out of the
background and noise.  No artifacts here, but it may be in the audio
line, I don't remember.

I haven't learned all about the Eagle yet, and I'm amazed by its small
size.  I sometimes drag it around on the table trying to hook something
up in back, but my shack is about reorganized enough from the big
Omni V+ that I shouldn't have to do that much.

The Eagle can be taken out of the NR mode, and it works very well
with good audio -  I may hook up to an external speaker, which could
improve it, I suppose.  I've not used it quite enough to know all about
adjusting RF and AF gain with NR in, but I'm getting better.  As far as
the roofing filters, I operate CW wider than most, wide enough to
keep the wide filter in for casual operating, but appreciate the narrow
bandwidth capability during crowded conditions and contests.

John, K4AVX

---
is active.