Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 142, Issue 20

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 142, Issue 20
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:29:59 +0000
Thanks for the suggestions:

Art/N4UC,
I will definitely let you know if I figure out what is going on or if I end up
sending back to Ten-Tec.  I have not listened to my transmitted signals nor
have I heard any complaints or negative reports.  I am still making lots of
contacts.  You do have a good suggestion however and I should take a listen.

Billy, AA4NU,
 My Orion II was bought new in 2008 and still has the original battery.  Even
if it is still good, I'm on borrowed time.  I have already tried a Master
Reset.  Paul Clinton suggested I also do a RAM clear followed by a Master
Reset.  I plan to try this over the weekend.

Carl Moreschi N4PY,
 I have read over the years reports of connector problems.  Up until now my
Orion II has been trouble free.  It is however now 6 years old so maybe time
caught up with me.  The idea of pulling the front panel is intimidating to me
but I read where many owners have been able to perform the surgery w/o
complications so maybe I should give it a try.

> From: Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:37:22 +0000
> Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Problem
>
> I am starting to believe my Orion II has developed a problem.  On the main
> receiver I am hearing distorted, buzzing sounding signals that are well
> outside the DSP and roofing filter bandwidth.  I am not hearing signals
> outside the filter bandwidth on the RX-366 sub-receiver.  The problem is most
> notable on 160m but to some extent present on 80m.  I don't really notice it
> above 80m.  I have tried a master reset which did not resolve the problem.
>
> Do any of you have any immediate thoughts or does the rig need to visit
> Sevierville?
>
> Doug, W9PN
> Janesville, WI

Message: 6