[TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Don Rasmussen via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:54:39 -0800
I had decided FLEX radios were not for me, these deal breakers:

1. PowerSDR crippled my computer, soaked it of processing power.
2. MOUSE + Computer screen = terrible interface compounded by screen real
estate and Window Focus problems.
3. CW-QSK latency problems
4. I like analog S-meters, period.

Well N4PY's comments had me investigate Tmate2  and I found this touch pad
software that seems to address issues 2, and 4.

http://www.woodboxradio.com/fxpad.html

It is possible that issue 3 has been resolved in the new Flex 6300 from what I
have seen on utube (Ellington). I will want to see that for myself.

Little by little SDR seems to be more of an option at this QTH...