Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:19:27 -0500
If you get Windows 7 32 bit instead of Windows 7 64 bit, you should be fine.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 11/22/2014 8:15 AM, Phil Sussman wrote:
I have been researching the replacement of the three XP machines here in
the shack
and the results have been discouraging. None of my programs: word
processing,
spreadsheet, logging, rig interface, and scanner programming is
compatible with
WIN-7 let alone WIN-8.1.

In addition, my interfaces for the printer(s) [non-serial, but parallel]
aren't USB compatible either! I currently have five serial interfaces,
but my two USB ports have yet to operate with serial adapters. I believe
this is because my USB ports are USB-1 type (just plain old)

Obviously, I do not have an unlimited budget to replace three computers,
two
printers, all the software and still be unable to interface with my rigs.
I've got a JRC JST-145 (interfaced with LOGic) and an ICOM IC-756 pro-II.

Any helpful suggestions welcome.

Thanks ES 73

de Phil - N8PS