Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance
From: Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:06:51 -0500
Making Linux do anything is another hobby in itself. "Plug 'n download scripts and patches and drivers...after spending a weekend finding them"
...Dave

On 11/22/14, 4:51 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Sat,11/22/2014 8:59 AM, Clayton Brantley via TenTec wrote:
The best thing for older "XP" computers is to download the Unbuntu Linux and install it on those computers.

I've loaded Lubunto onto two computers. It required FAR more of my time than was justified. Every program I tried to load was a PITA.

I want to play ham radio, do productive research and tech writing, not spend hours and days learning a new OS. I went through that nearly 30 years ago with OS/2, and this summer setting up my XYL's Win 8.1 box.

73, Jim K9YC