Re: [TenTec] 17 Meter Antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 17 Meter Antenna
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:15:13 -0600
When you cost out Rich's design, it is not much more than other antenna
options.  By the time you get some No. 14 wire, coax, a mast, guying parts,
etc you have likely spent as much.  The vacuum variables used are both
sides of $100 mostly from Russia on eBay and the rest of the materials are
less than $100 typically, which can give you an antenna that works from say
40M to 10M sometimes.  The helically loaded magnetic loop has attracted a
great deal of attention from HOA dwellers and others in antenna restricted
circumstances, although the remote tuning can be a complication.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen