Re: [TenTec] TS590SG Sherwood numbers = Orion

To: "'Paul Gates'" <paulgates80@yahoo.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TS590SG Sherwood numbers = Orion
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:22:08 +0100
Hmmm, Paul, you seem to be from a different planet than I am.
I thought that was a wonderful radio.  I used it successfully in several major
contests.
It was never a very good TV.
Perhaps you could elaborate more precisely on what it is you are criticizing
about the Orion.

I know people seem to focus on what TenTec promised and failed to deliver on,
but how about analyzing the radio as it is, compared to all others and
especially compared to them at the point in time it announced?

IMO the Orion I was a great radio, ahead of its time.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)