Re: [TenTec] How to Choose an SDR RX for the Pan-Adapter?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How to Choose an SDR RX for the Pan-Adapter?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 12:16:25 +0100
In fact it would help even more if I knew what I want out of a panadapter!
(hi)

Probably the most interesting use would be to see the transmitted spectrum
of stations on the band.
If I hear broad splatter, it would be nice to easily see where its coming
from and see just how broad it is, compared to other signals.  Same for key
clicks.

It would be nice to look at my own signal and see how broad it is, if it is
flat topping on peaks, etc.

Looking for empty frequencies to call CQ on is not very high on my list of
needs.
Watching boring waterfalls is not high on my list either.

But you bring up an excellent point, Barry.
I don't even know what all it can do.

I would like to see a features list showing all of the uses of a
pan-adaptor.
I don't need a big explanation for each, I just would like to see a list of
things one can do with a pan-adapter.

If I understood Jim correctly, you need a pretty expensive solution in order
to be able to make accurate measurements with it.  He indicated he can do
that on his K3 with Elecraft pan-adapter.  That's not on the plan here for
the moment.

Thank you for the comment.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)