[TenTec] Omni VI for sale - delay

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI for sale - delay
From: Andy Flessner <k9arm1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:25:31 -0500
First, I appreciate all the responses.

We have an issue to resolve before we sell - the switch on the 962 PS has
locked up. I've ordered a replacement switch from Ten-Tec and will test the
PS and radio before I try to move it. I have also agreed to buy it from my
friend, so he and the estate don't have to deal with it. I plan to pick it
up in about a week and a half. Then I'll replace the switch and get some
hands on with the Omni, see what filters are in it and make sure it's fully
operational. After that, I'll repost for sale.

I'm happy with the Eagle I bought last year and don't need another rig.

Thanks, Andy K9ARM

K9ARM wrote :

I have a friend who has an Omni VI for sale for an SK estate. He's located
in Kalamazoo, MI and doesn't want to deal with shipping. He will be at the
Marshall Hamfest in Kalamazoo this weekend.

Here are some details:
Omni VI 563 option 3, includes matching 962 PS and 705 mic. It is like new
and has original boxes and documentation. He has tested it on CW and SSB
and it works well. He's not sure what filters are installed, but from his
tests, there is a CW filter.

They have this priced at $400, looks like a good bargain. I might be
willing to help him deal with the shipping if I know it's going to a good
home. Also, I travel the midwest for work - IL, IN, MI, OH and occasionally
to the east coast and would be willing to meet if I can make it work. I'll
be in Cleveland and Baltimore next week and have HF/VHF/UHF in the work
truck. He has a document with a picture and contact info I can send to
anyone interested.

I don't have any financial interest in this, just want to see it go to a
good home.

Andy K9ARM