Re: [TenTec] Using a Yamaha CM500 headset with TT Orion II - advice need

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using a Yamaha CM500 headset with TT Orion II - advice needed!
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 09:15:36 -0400
Steve, I'd also suggest trying the mic output unpadded and starting with
0dB HW gain.  The schematics are not easy to follow/piece together but it
looks like the Orion II has a 1K resistor followed by a 100K pot at the
input to the SSM2166 mic IC.  I believe the 100K pot (R8) has an access
port if you needed to set it, but don't know where off the top of my head
(probably above or below the front panel).

My experience with the Orions is that they are happier with a higher output
mic.

73, Barry N1EU