Re: [TenTec] field day antennas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] field day antennas
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:52:20 -0500
The 130' dipole I have at the moment has been a decent performer on all bands,
better on 40 then 80, better on 20 than 40, etc.  It is only 32' high at the
center and slopes to ~15' at each end.  It is fed with about 100' of 450 ohm
ladder line and matched with a Icom AH-4. Thence RG-8X to the shack.  It would
be more effective if it were higher, of course.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a delta loop for 40 and a rotating dipole
for higher, but I have been satisfied with the dipole.

73 de W6OGC Jim Allen

Sent from my iPad