Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas
From: John Bescher via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:36:49 -0400
Adding another consideration for your Field Day antennas.....our club used a
dipole on 40 m SSB last year and Yagi's on 20, 15, and 10.   The 40 m station
clobbered the other stations.  One leg of the 40 m SSB dipole was secured on
the mast for the tribander Yagi which was about 25 feet above the dipole.  This
year we will separate the antennas significantly and insure the dipole
broadband pattern is not facing the Yagi.

Another possibility to minimize interference is to use band pass filters.  This
year we will also use more modern rigs with better front ends.  Coax stubs is
another option.

And for your comment on the OCFD, it's not what I've found using one on 80 and
40 at my home station....no problem working DX, better flexibility and SWR than
my dipole.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

73....John Bescher, N4DXI