Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus: No RX or TX on 10 meters (Intermittent)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus: No RX or TX on 10 meters (Intermittent)
From: Joe Papworth via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 09:52:46 -0400
 I'm surprised by having to re-solder these boards also Jim. I would have
thought that a bad connection would show up much sooner.

The first time I ran into it was on this same Omni 6 Plus which was already 11
years old at the time. The PLL board went wacko and one of the guys on the
reflector insisted that hitting all the connections with an iron would fix it.
I'm glad I listened to him cuz it turned out he was right.
If you're interested in the details, you can search on my call in the reflector
archives.