Re: [TenTec] My first Argosy

To: <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My first Argosy
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 18:03:53 -0700

Al,

Yeah, I checked the spec's for the TT 218 (1.8KHz) and TT 220 (2.4KHz) filters,
and surprisingly the insertion loss for the 218 is marginally lower (.2 dB)
than that of the 220. Since my goal is to squeeze as much talk-power out at 5
w, with less concern re highy fidelity (the 4-pole filter slot on the RF/Mixer
board dictates both RX and TX bandwidth), I thought the 1.8 filter worth
trying. But, your suggestion is good, and I'll look for a 2.4 as well. It will
be fun (maybe even educational) evaluating/comparing the two filters in the
Argosy.

73,

Allen