Re: [TenTec] My first Argosy

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My first Argosy
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 20:47:24 -0500
Instead of messing with the filters, go find a Ten Tec RF speech clipper. They no longer sell them, but they are still available used. Properly adjusted, they work very well. I used mine to good effect with my Argonaut VI and my Corsair II during the ARRL W1AW Centennial celebration. I was amazed at how often I could get through pileups with a trap vertical and 10 watts.

73,

Steve