Re: [TenTec] Relays for a Paragon. Hopefully......

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Relays for a Paragon. Hopefully......
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:57:35 -0500
*Below is what we found. I have 2 on the way to try out before purchasing
about 25 of them. *
*                                   73 from Wade/KJ4WS*

(KO) 1017-18-1
*Wabash* RF reed relay used throughout the KWM-380. High quality. Easily
handles 150 watts. SPST, normally open, 12 vdc. Build your own RF switch.
11/32"H x 1-1/8"L x 19/32"W.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Vic Klein <vhklein@ptd.net> wrote:

> Do you have the part number or reference for the Wabash substitute relays?
> have one (40m) that is acting up from time to time.
>
> =Vic=
> WA4THR

> ---------------------------------
> To: TenTec@contesting.com
> Subject: [TenTec] Relays for a Paragon. Hopefully......
> From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:57:29 -0500
>
> *Paul, at Ten Tec says that the Relays for the Low Pass Filter Board for
> the Paragon, are no longer available. Written on the white body of the
> relay is Wabash and the part # on the relay is 1925-3-2 ...... I am finding
> them pretty Unobtainium from all of my usual sources also. Does anyone have
> a decommissioned Paragon with a good Low Pass Filter Board? Or any spares
> of this relay? We have found some Wabash Reed Relays that are a perfect
> Sub. Exact Pin Out and Dimensions. The relays we found do the exact same
> job in a Collins KWM-380. I just hate to use Non OEM Parts, no matter how
> close the match is.*
> *                                                    73 to All from
> Wade/KJ4WS*

*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*