Re: [TenTec] Push Buttons

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Push Buttons
From: "Mike Pagel, K9UW" <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:46:22 -0500
Sounds familiar, Art. In my case, it was the MULTI encoder. As I understand it, the encoders/switches share a common weak point in the 565, that being the pins and associated sockets behind the front panel. If the connections fail at that point, the controls cease to perform as expected.

The fix is described at http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=565. Look at the second link under "RIT". I suggest reading through this "How To" article to see if it fits your situation.

Since performing the procedure described by K4ZNO two years ago , my encoders have been faultless.

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI

-----Original Message----- From: Arthur Lewis