Re: [TenTec] Pimp My Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pimp My Eagle
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 16:45:27 -0500
Boys and girls

All the "I want" sound amazing.

But there are a few items that no one has mentioned that Ten Tec should do.

Fit and finish.

My friend has an eagle and the silkscreen is crooked and looks like the work
was done in a high school art department.

My Argonaut VI ( currently broke) knobs are so cheap looking sometimes I wonder
who okayed that design. You turn the front knob and the back one moves, too.
That's a radio that sells for $999.

The Omni VII I has to be  the best looking as far as fit and finish of the
newer rigs. I'd throw that rig against any import.

I recently purchased a Yaesu ft-450D. As far as the fit and finish of this
radio, the Argonaut VI is an embarrassment.

Oh, don't tell me about how much better the argonaut is, etc... The bottom line
is the Yaesu will get you on the air in all modes and all bands for brand new
out of the box price for $649 ($100 rebate included)

With all the wants on the list, dual screens, DSP up the kazoo, ten VFOs and a
spectrum analyzer  thrown in, if the knobs don't fit on the controls and main
tunning knob wobbles when you spin it....

That's my take.

Mike wb8vge

Sent from my iPhone