Re: [TenTec] Centaur metering question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur metering question
From: <km2km@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 8:49:08 -0500
Joe,

My Centaur also reads low in the forward position compared with an external
watt meter.  I am not sure what the Ig reality is, but I have ignored the
"issue".   I just tune up as per the instructions and figure that it is tuned
well with max output and do not exceed the plate current.

It will be good to see others' comments on this issue.

Kris KM2KM
MERSCHROD
123 Warren Road
Ithaca, NY 14850

---- Joe Papworth via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com> wrote:

 The "FWD" meter reads low as compared to my in-line watt meter, which I know
is accurate.
I'm OK with that but I'm concerned about the grid current reading, since it
uses the same meter and switch. (I've seen a lot of scuttle-butt about the
metering switches being a problem)
Any input is welcome.

Later, Joe, K8MP