Re: [TenTec] Centaur metering question and 811A's vs 572B's

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur metering question and 811A's vs 572B's
From: Joe Papworth via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 10:07:14 -0500
 Thanks for the info ?Kris.
By the way guys, I put new 811A's from DX Engineering in the Centaur last
Friday and ran it hard in the 160 contest over the weekend with no problems.?
On Monday, I went to tune it up on 10 meters to chase the VP8. Well, the amp
blew a fuse. Major bummer !!!
I took a look at the 811A's and sure enough, the plates had sagged on all 3 of
them.?
I called DX Engineering and asked if they could help. Amazingly, they gave me a
full refund, no questions asked. From now on, I'm buying from ham stuff ?them.
I was surprised to find out they had 572B's in stock so I'm gonna try those.

"Kids, tell all your friends"

Later, Joe, K8MP