[TenTec] Question....way out there.....

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Question....way out there.....
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:39:44 -0500
I've become an owner of the TT Argo VI, as a gift from the local
radio club for somethings I did during my ham lifetime.

The situation is:  I want to use it at times with the old, old
50 watt amplifier that TT made to go with the Argo 509.
Don't need any coaching about over drive or anything like
that.

But as I recall the amp is put inline by rf detection.  I'm
not certain that this is a good idea, even with such low
power that it would take to drive it.  Hot switching.
These old amps are kind of rare, and just wondering
if anyone on the list has thoughts on this combination.

No, I don't want to buy a new amp! No, I haven't
looked at the manual yet!  Will, soon. ;>)

Thanks,
73,
John, K4AVX