Re: [TenTec] 229 and 238 tuners mod

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 229 and 238 tuners mod
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 22:32:47 +0100
Though it is possible to blow the switch without doing anything wrong, IMO
"most" switches are blown out by doing something stupid:  switching the
switch under full power.

I have watched people do this time and again.
They seem to think that since it is OK to rotate a roller inductor under
power, it is also OK to rotate the switch.  This is like playing Russian
Roulette with 3 or 4 bullets in the gun.

If one always tunes the tuner at low power, and never turns the switch under
power, there is a very good chance that it will last as long as we do.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)