Re: [TenTec] RX Offset for Orion 565?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX Offset for Orion 565?
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wes@attawayforensics.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:06:26 -0700
Fair enough, but doesn't RIT still work on LSB and USB?

On 2016-02-29 12:42, Barry N1EU wrote:
Eric is talking about LSB, not CW.

Barry N1EU

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Wes Attaway (N5WA) <
wes@attawayforensics.com> wrote:

I ran into this question a long time ago due to the fact that being hard
of hearing (even with hearing aids) the CW tone I like to listen to is
slightly different (apparently) than what most other people like to listen
to.  I solved the problem by just leaving my RIT set to -100 (cycles).
This isn't much but it solved the problem. I am now listening slightly off
the frequency I transmit on.

So, I think all you need to do (if your 200-cycle problem continues) is to just turn the RIT control (down) a bit and make some calls and everything
will be fine once you get your own receive offset properly adjusted.

YMMV of course, but it has worked for me for a long time.