Re: [TenTec] SOTA RADIO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOTA RADIO
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 08:32:24 -0700
This is the best source (quality, low price) I know of in the US. I bought a 20Ah 12V battery. They sell batteries in many sizes and shapes to fit lots of existing products.

https://www.bioennopower.com/collections/12v-series-lifepo4-batteries

W6GJB bought a similar battery from this company and was happy.

http://www.batteryspace.com/128vlifepo4batterypacks.aspx

One of my friends on the list noted that he wouldn't carry a high capacity battery up a trail for two hours of operation. I take the opposite view -- I wouldn't take ANYTHING up a trail for only two hours on the air! :)

73, Jim K9YC