Re: [TenTec] Cutting edge technogogy

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cutting edge technogogy
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 12:20:49 -0500
Let's keep "noodling" this one - we might be on to something.

Given:
        A. Horizontal loop antennas are known for their effectiveness.
        B. Many hams have fenced yards to keep various critters out.
        C. A number of said hams are interested in beacon operation.

Therefore:
        I suggest a combination low horizontal loop/electric fence, made hot
with RF
from a beacon TX (older Ten-Tec rig, got to keep this on topic!) The only
caveat would be a need for SWR protection when said critter comes in contact
with the hot wire. For example: neighbor's pooch discovers it can copy
CW: "AroooYipYipAroooYip AroooYipYipYip AroooYipAroooYip AroooYip...."

I'll go crawl back under my rock now HI HI!!

73, Al