Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology

To: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology
From: Clayton Brantley via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 15:19:45 +0000 (UTC)
Wade, I am not up-to-speed on this new antenna theory but I do remember a
friend making a broadband
75 meter inverted v with hog wire.  The best I remember, it was about 1 foot
wide and supported with a
60 to 70 foot power pole on his back lot.  It did work fairly well but never
heard too much more.  Might
ask Bill the next time you hear him (WA4YPO) or his son John (N4QEA) on one of
the nets.  John might
not remember too much since he was fairly young at the time.

I also remember my uncle telling folks he was "running 5 watts to the screen
door".  Those old tube transmitters
would almost tune anything.  I miss those days, sigh.  Now then, you almost
need a tuner with a dummy load!

I see nothing wrong with loading up a barbed wire fence, just be sure to turn
off the charger!  I have thought of

Clayton N4EV