Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology

To: Wade Staggs <tentec@contesting.com>, Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology
From: Tony <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 15:03:16 -0400
Wade,
When I built my first, rock bound FT-243 xtal, 2 mtr transmitter with a 6360
final, I made a tuning load by soldering‎ a small wire loop to a light bulb
taken from my bicycle light. I stuck it close to the tank coil and tuned the TX
for maximum brightness. I could work every ham in town with no antenna attached.
73, Tony VE3DWI.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.