[TenTec] Hello!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hello!
From: Bob Lightner <bobw4gj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:11:31 -0400
I have an Orion II which has a strange problem. It is running the latest
software upgrade and every so often when I power the radio on, I hear a
LOUD scratchy sound from the speaker and the received signals are
attenuated to a very low level. I have to turn the power off and on several
times before the radio receives normally.

I sent this radio to Ten-Tec for this issue about 6-months ago. They
replaced the IF Converter board and the bill was almost $500. Has anyone
else experienced a similar problem? Any solutions?

73,
Bob/W4GJ

--

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this
world to another.

Plato, The Republic