Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 20:41:21 -0400
"On Apr 25, 2016, at 4:18 PM, rick@dj0ip.de <Rick@DJ0IP.de> wrote:

I don't think that's the reason Gary.

If I remember correctly from my army days, The AK-47 used ever so slightly
larger ammo than our M16.  As a result, they could use our ammo in their
rifles, granted with a little less precision, but we could not use their
ammo in ours.
"

The AK47 shoots a MUCH bigger bullet (30 caliber ~ .310" ) than the .223 bullet in the AR15/M16. The AK- 74 shoots a similar round (5.45x39), but they're not interchangeable.

The reason they screwed up the Hubble was inattention to detail, not problematic units. I won't give an inch on this position! :-)

John K5MO