[TenTec] Recalcitrant Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Recalcitrant Orion
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 10:46:04 -0500
At some point, taking into account the value of any given radio, the time to
pursue it further, the lack of specific technical information from Ten Tec
regarding signal routing, timing and so on, the lack of Ten Tec’s ability to
offer significant assistance, one begins to question the value of putting more
time into the radio.

Following advice from others here on the reflector, I did look at the CPU from
this Orion under a microscope, saw many issues which I asked my SMT technician
to attempt to repair. However, since the CPLD and another chip had been
sloppily replaced by a previous repair technician, we both determined that
there is board damage (traces under the chips) that renders the CPU board
unrepairable for all practical purposes.

Since we all know that working CPU boards are likely worth more than the radio,
I have decided to part this one out.

The high value items are listed you-know-where but, so long as no one bids them
to their respective reserves, the listings can be stopped at any time, so that
you can buy them.

I offer these vital organs, plus any other Orion parts to Ten Tec Reflector
users at negotiated prices (not bidding war prices).

I know I am supposed to post prices but there are too many items allow me to do
so. Therefore, all discussions about parts and pricing can be directed to me
off-reflector.

Everything (except the CPU board) is in excellent condition including all
cosmetic parts.

All functional parts (except the CPU board) are know to be working perfectly,
tested with a known-good CPU.

Gary

W0DVN