Re: [TenTec] The New TenTec

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The New TenTec
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:14:00 +0200
Paul,

Partially true, but you left out the bit about blood, sweat and tears!

About 3 months ago I had a long phone call with Mike.
I told him what I thought the industry needed, SDR, clean transmitters, etc.
At that time he was still focused on resurrecting the OM7 and Eagle.
Haven't spoken to him since.

To make a long story short, since he wouldn't do it, I am trying to bring
out my own brand of transceiver.
Hope to begin selling in November, but only in Europe (at first).

I can't beat the Chinese prices but I will get closer than what's currently
selling, and mine are made in Europe, not in sweat shops.   First a QRP
transceiver, followed by a mobile transceiver.  The focus is on
price/performance.  They won't have the polish and shine of the JA radios.

My XYL is about to shoot me.  I had promised to retire this year.
I told her "one more year."

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)