Re: [TenTec] Orion II Black Screen

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Black Screen
From: bobk8ia--- via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:54:19 -0400
Tnx a bunch Andy!

The caps on A9 here were replaced about 2009. I will look there first
though.

Great info from your email re the two 470uf caps and the 16uh  inductor.
I'll snoop around a bit with those in mind. May have to bite  the bullet and
send it in, but the bullet doesn't seem to be too hard as $200+  is workable.

Tnx again.

73, Bob K8IA

--------------------------------------
Bob,

The exact  same thing happened to my Oll in June. I had already replaced
the 3
caps on  the A-9 board so I checked the voltages and they were ok. The
battery
had  been replaced when I did the 3 caps.

In short, I sent the radio to TT via  the procedure they request, obtain
RMA
etc.

I am looking at the  repair slip. They replaced two 470 uf caps on the cpu
board. Also replaced  one 16 uh inductor on the DC inverter board.

While there they did  alignment of the Recv and Xmtr to factory specs. Test
function/  operation,  Test Burn in/ heat rack,   Test Final on air  check.

The final bill was $203.65. This does not include shipping to and  from.

I am more than pleased with the service dept.

Andy,  W3LI