Re: [TenTec] Omni VI ckicks in fast QSK

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI ckicks in fast QSK
From: Steve Ellington <steven4lq@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 14:53:32 -0500
I just worked over an Omni VI ver 1 and fast QSK was very smooth. I hate
clicks too!
There's lots of little transients floating around the chassis when you key
the rig. I've used the scope to help track them down.
Ground the scope to the chassis, hook a few inches of wire to the probe,
crank up the scope gain, key the rig and move the probe around to sniff out
the offending electric fields. You could also form a small loop antenna
between the probe and ground.
I believe you will find it!  73